Frequently Asked Questions
What is TorrentRover?
- TorrentRover is a torrent downloader and search manager. It is a replacement for all the slow, tedious, virus laden torrent sites our there.
- TorrentRover is NOT a torrent client, at least not yet. You’ll need a torrent client (such as µTorrent) to download the content of the torrent file.
- TorrentRover saves you time and headache by searching multiple sites at once and putting all the results into a single list.
- Search results are automatically refreshed so you never have to look at stale search results.
- If you’re new to torrenting, there’s a handy points feature to help you pick the best result.
- Downloading is easy too. Just double click what you want and it’s yours. If you decide you need to download more than one result from a search, you can select whatever results you want and press Enter.
- There’s even a weekly DVR-like feature so you can get your favorite TV shows.
- There’s lots more under the hood, most of which can be adjusted to your exact needs in Preferences.
- For more info, go here.
What are TorrentRover’s system requirements?
- .NET Framework version 3.5 SP1
- 512MB of RAM (recommended)
How do I download TorrentRover?
- Click the huge green download button on the home page of this website.
What is a “Rover”?
- A “Rover” is the top level element that is added when you enter a new search. We don’t call it a “search” because a Rover can contain multiple searches. If you create a weekly rover for a TV show, for example, you may have a Rover called “TV Show” and have searches like “TV Show S01E01” and “TV Show S01E02”. To sum up, a Rover can contain multiple searches. And searches contain all the torrent results. See the image below…
Is TorrentRover free?
- Yes, completely, totally, 100% free.
- Virus free
- Adware/Malware free.
- No bundled junkware offers either.
Are there any limitations in the free version?
- Yes, there is a limit of 3 Free downloads per day, but you can get unlimited Free downloads by sharing TorrentRover on Facebook and Twitter. This can be repeated as many times as necessary, making TorrentRover effectively free forever. For those who don’t want to be bothered, subscription options are also available.
- We are committed to providing a free alternative to find and download torrent files quickly and easily.
- There are no plans to EVER force payments.
Is there a trial period?
- Yes, for the first 2 weeks and 30 downloads, the app is completely free with all the extra features enabled. In the first 2 weeks, you can download as much as you want. If you haven’t downloaded 30 torrents in that 2 weeks, your trial extends until you have 30 downloads. After the trial ends, you are in free mode, and you get 3 free downloads per day, everyday, forever.
What can I do to get unlimited downloads (and get those extra features enabled)?
- You have 2 options. The first is to complete a reward. To do this, wait until TorrentRover shows the Payment/Reward popup, which is shown when a limit violation is attempted. Then you just select rewards, choose to share on facebook or twitter, and you’ll get unlimited access for a week. Repeat as often as necessary. The second option is to purchase a subscription. Subscriptions are cheap, convenient, and worry free (and you’ll never see the popup again). Charges automatically recur every pay period (monthly or yearly). You can cancel anytime, and you won’t be billed again.
How long do reward effects last?
- Reward effects are shown on the reward when you hover your mouse over it. Most rewards last for 1 week (7 days) from the time the reward is completed.
How long do rewards take to complete?
- Most rewards are just sharing a simple message about TorrentRover on a social media site. In that case, rewards take as long to complete as it takes you to sign in to your social media account and post.
Can I complete a reward more than once?
- Yes! You can complete the same reward as often as you like.
What happens to my credit card information? Is it safe? Is it stored anywhere?
- Your credit card info is safe and secure! It is stored only to enable recurring subscription charges but not by us. Stripe is our payment processor. They have a stellar reputation of security and safety. That credit card info popup on our payment page is Stripe’s plugin. We never see or store your credit card data on our servers. Your information is always safe, secure, and protected.
How long does a subscription last?
- We currently offer monthly and yearly subscriptions.
Will I be charged automatically for each pay period?
- Yes, charges will occur automatically each pay period unless and until you cancel the subscription.
How do I cancel a subscription?
- You can cancel anytime from the main menu in TorrentRover. Once you have an active subscription, you’ll see it under Tools -> Manage Subscription -> Cancel Subscription. This area will not be visible if you do not have an active subscription.
Where is my subscription info tracked/kept? How do I enter it into TorrentRover?
- Your credit card information is only stored by Stripe to enable recurring subscription charges. But information about your subscription is kept on our servers. TorrentRover uses unique identifiers on your computer to identify itself on the TorrentRover server. This allows us to find and activate your subscription without the need for you to enter any kind of key. 10 seconds after you complete your subscription payment, TorrentRover “just works”. There is no need to enter anything into TorrentRover to activate your subscription.